Saturday, March 10, 2018

New TC's by me made, a FEAR one and an Unreal one!

I've been busy making TC's lately... On the Heels of me making my Half-life and Duke3d/Blood/Shadow Warrior crossover TC's, I decided to do several more, doing one per day... 2 Days ago I started work on a Wolf3d TC...  It came out good but not right away...  Lots of ugly textures due to Wolf3d textures not repeating well vertically. I fixed the issues a day later though after redoing the levels and it came out good... I followed suit and Did a Blake Stone TC the next day.. That came out great... I based it on an unfinished Blake Stone TC by someone else and added new enemies, and weapons on top of that, and then made maps using randoom, just like in the Wolf3d TC.


But what I am really psyched about are the 2 TC's I made next.. I first made a very convincing and scary F.E.A.R. tc This FEAR TC makes you play as an ATC mercenary named Agent Morrison who is tasked with taking back some of ATC's data in Fairpoint. They send you in but your chopper crashes and you alone are stranded in  the city.

The TC features creepy atmosphere and ambient sounds plus a creepy soundtrack lifted from Doom 64.  New guns were added to all the new TC's that have secondary fires... But the FEAR tc has some amazing secondaries, such as a shotgun that can fire Explosive Shells, a pistol that can fire Explosive Bullets and a SMG than can do the same thing.  New enemies not seen in FEAR show up such as a jetpack soldier and various new paranormal threats... Alma wade shows up rarely but she can be a real bitch and can attack you and kill you in 1 hit... Existing enemies and guns from FEAR and It's expansions were made using beastiary enemies as a source. They look a lot different but are the same basic enemies and guns... Some enemies are quite cool such as the new Shades/Shadow Creatures and the new Alma, which I had to get sprites from another mod to be able to get Alma in there...

The levels are dark and eerie in the FEAR TC and it is scary as hell to play through, and quite challenging. In level 3 a Missile tank duo killed me, badly. I had wasted my slowmo on a fight before and didn't wait to replenish it and it kicked my ass...

Here are screenshots of the FEAR TC...







On the Heels of the FEAR TC I also made a really cool Unreal TC as well.. This TC is a sequel to Unreal 1 but has a dark plot twist to it. The Skaarj used a chemical weapon to Wipe out the Nali on Napali and due to it they mutated everything on the planet that was alive, including themselves...  You figure this out when you land on there... You try to search for Nali Survivors but at the end you find none... They were completely exterminated by the Mutated Enemies.

Mutated Enemies in the Unreal TC were basically designed to compensate for the fact that none of the normal Unreal enemies even are available in Mods for me to use, so I had to use beastiary enemies. I had to make some kind of story to explain how different they look compared to their normal counterparts in Unreal.

I did manage to get the Unreal Weapons to work in Unreal TC and that was due to a mod someone else made.. This is based on that mod... New guns were added including 2 Unreal Tournament ones... The new enemies in the mod are quite fun... Some are quite hard... The new Mutated Skaarj look way different than their normal versions but act the same. The others are similar looking but only the new Skaarj kind of disappoint me about this TC.... Thanks to Texture work I did this morning I was able to Import new textures from Unreal 1 into Zdoom and that is also what allowed this TC to Exist.

I played map1-11 of the TC and loved the gameplay. It's very fast paced and the new guns with their powerful secondaries seem super overpowered at first but later on you will find that ammo for them is rare and conserving them is important.  I once took down a Mutated Titan with 4 Enforcer Secondary shots. That was a blast.

Screenshots of the Unreal TC...











Stay tuned for More info on New TC's later on people.... The unreal 1 one is my last but I will keep posting stuff for it...